Cherwell Software is the developer of Cherwell Service Management™ – an integrated service management software solution for IT and support professionals. Cherwell Service Management™ was designed, from the ground up, using Microsoft’s .NET technology and ‘out-of-the-box’ ITIL best practices. With 12 fully-integrated PinkVERIFIED ITIL v3 management processes such as; Incident, Problem, Change, Release, Configuration, SLA, Service Catalog and Knowledge, Cherwell Service Management™ provides a holistic approach to service management, allowing IT and support departments to align themselves with the businesses they support.
The Cherwell solution is quick to deploy, easy to manage and offers enterprise functionality for a mid-market price. Cherwell customers include such organisations as Commensus plc, Accent Group, Cherwell District Council, Net-a-Porter, Bloxx, Kirklees College, Rosetta Stone, Ipsos Mori, The Weather Channel, Ent Federal Credit Union, The University of Minnesota, Hallmark Services and Ohio State University.
Headquartered in Colorado Springs, with European offices in UK, Cherwell Software was founded, and is managed, by a team of industry experts – including the former CEO of FrontRange Solutions, the former Chief Architect of FrontRange’s HEAT® and ITSM™ product lines, and the original founder and past CEO of the Help Desk Institute (HDI). For more information about Cherwell Software visit our corporate website at www.cherwellsoftware.com
Cherwell Service Management is a fully integrated software solution for your service desk, help desk, or customer call center. Cherwell is Web 2.0 enabled product using Microsoft’s .NET technology and delivers 12 PinkVERIFY certified ITIL v3 Management Processes ‘out-of-the-box’ Pink Elephant-verified ITIL v3 best practices. The Cherwell solution is available via the traditional perpetual licensing model (Cherwell On-Premise) or as a SaaS subscription service (Cherwell On-Demand). Either offering supports both a “browser-based” or “rich client” user interface.
The Cherwell Service Management solution provides:
- Concurrent, all-inclusive, simply priced licensing model. A concurrent license ofCherwell Service Management includes the 12 ITIL v3 management processes for integrated core functionality of incident, problem, change, configuration (CMDB), release & deployment, service-level agreements, service catalog, service portfolio, event, fulfilment, knowledge, availability, end user self-service, AD/LDAP & email integration, dynamic dashboards, workflow and business process engine, reporting and more.
- .NET-scalable technology. CSM is written in .NET as an XML-based, three-tier application that provides enterprise-class scalability. Both Cherwell’s “browser-based” and “rich-client-based” user interfaces communicate over the Web using Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) and other technologies that allow for easy access to centralized data from any point. The product is scalable from two technicians to thousands — at multiple geographic locations.
- On-premises or SaaS 3.0 deployment. Cherwell gives organizations a choice with a range of deployment methods — from traditional on-premises to fully hosted on-demand. Cherwell consults with organizations to determine which deployment best suits their needs. Should business requirements change, Cherwell Service Management offers the ability to switch from one deployment model to another.
- Configurability/customization. The Cherwell development environment enables Cherwell Service Management to be completely configurable/customizable by IT. Customers use Cherwell’s administrative console to create seamlessly integrated business objects for bug tracking, procurement, sales, marketing, and more — without the need for a programmer. If it can be drawn on the whiteboard, IT can build it with Cherwell. Through its WYSIWYG administration tools, Cherwell provides flexibility that allows organizations to make any changes they desire to screens (forms), business processes, workflows and escalations and approval processes — even the ability to add new business objects.
- Management tools/reporting. Cherwell Service Management takes advantage of SQL’s full-text search for enhanced “Google-like” search capabilities. Additional reporting support allows users to launch Crystal Reports Writer and MS SQL Reporting Services or use its built-in Report Writer. Dashboards are completely customizable. External table support provides the ability to talk to data in other systems and include such data in Cherwell forms as if it were part of the Cherwell system. Additionally, iPhone customers should consider iCherwell, a native iPhone application that allows customers to, for example, modify incidents, approve changes, utilize drilldown dashboards, and much more.
The Cherwell solution is an extensible platform; it not only offers service delivery management capabilities but also enables business users to add new custom built applications through the use of customisable business process templates. This is enabled through what Cherwell terms ‘Codeless Business Application Technology’ or CBAT. CBAT’s scope extends from simple customisations to existing templates by business users through to complex business processes implemented by advanced users with the help of Web services-based APIs (for integration with other systems). Using the integrated and freely available CBAT platform, customers have developed integrated applications such as CRM, Project Management, Student Record systems, RMA and Facilities Management.
In a recent Total Economic Impact (TEI) study by Forrester Consulting, the detailed financial analysis provided illustrated the potential way an organization can evaluate the value proposition of Cherwell Service Management. Based on information collected via in-depth customer interviews, Forrester calculated a three-year risk-adjusted ROI of 108% for the interviewed organization with a total payback period of less than 10 months.
T: +44 (0) 1793 858181
A: Lime Kiln House, Lime Kiln, Wootton Bassett, SN4 7HF